Hacks to Add Fun & Excitement to Your Life
If life isn’t about having fun, what is it about? If you’re not having fun regularly, you’re missing out on the entire point of being. If you’re all work and no play, try these tips to get you started on your new life of fun and excitement.
* Be Mindful – So many people just aren’t present in their life in the moment they’re living. Instead, they’re thinking of another day. “When I turn 18…”, “When I get my degree …”, “When I win the lottery.” You’ve likely heard yourself say something like this before. Instead, try being truly present with whatever is going on right now. Enjoy the smells, the conversation, and experience life at full throttle.
* Never Stop Learning – Some people stop learning the moment they leave school or graduate from university. But, the world is so full of information and answers it’s important to always be in the process of learning something new. Learning keeps your brain functioning at a higher level, too.
* Be Daring – At least once a year do something out of your comfort zone such as public speaking, hiking a high mountain, running a marathon, or something else that challenges you. Only you can know what that might be. Have a new adventure each year, and you’ll stay young and have more fun throughout your entire life.
* Get Moving – The more oxygen you intake, the happier you’ll feel. Instead of being irritated by your neighbour’s loud music, let loose and dance. You’ll be a lot happier and healthier due to it.
* Smile More – It might seem like a silly thing to do, but practice smiling even when you wouldn’t normally smile. Smile as you walk through the supermarket. Smile while waiting in line at the post office. To get the smile going, simply think of a happy time in your life, or a special person.
* Enjoy Nature – Humans are meant to be part of nature and to feel grass on our feet. Take time each day to notice and enjoy as much nature as you can. You’ll feel more connected to the world, and naturally have more fun just being.
* Let Go of Perfection – The truth is, no one is perfect and the striving for perfection can weigh on your sense of joy and happiness when you fall short, which we all do. You still want to reach for being great, but never expect perfection.
* Encourage Others – Motivating others can make you feel happier and more satisfied with your own life. Give out compliments freely, and help boost others up as often as you can. In the end you’ll be boosting yourself.
* Take Your Time – Being in a hurry all the time can sap the joy out of life. You feel as if you never have enough time to accomplish your goals or do anything fun. But, if you learn to take your time and sometimes do nothing, you’ll begin to redevelop your childhood sense of wonder and joy.
Throw caution to the wind and do something you really want to do. Stop the all work and no play lifestyle and you’ll get back to having fun again.