How to Host Successful Direct Sales PartiesBookmark this
Do you like getting free stuff and entertain friends and family? You could be missing out if you are not hosting direct sales parties. Here are some tips and tricks to making the most of your mission of hospitality.
What Are Direct Sales Parties?
Have you ever been to a Pampered Chef party? This is a type of direct sales enterprise. The business consultant finds people who are interested in the types of products that they offer. For the opportunity to demonstrate them, the hostess is given a percentage of the sales from her “show” in the form of free gifts and credits.
As the hostess, you stand a chance of getting items that you want from the catalogue at a significant discount. But, you have to get the people to come and also to go from listeners to buyers. In essence, the more you can use your influence, the more beneficial it will be for you and the consultant.
Tips to Find Success
Hosting a party can seem daunting to most, but not if you are the type of person who enjoys entertaining your friends and family. This is the first thing that you need – a passion for hospitality.
* Follow tips from your consultant – Consultants offer guidelines to help you get as many people to come to your party as possible. Use their advice to get the ball rolling.
* Invite early – Plan your party as much in advance as you can. Give people advanced notice so they can put it on their calendar in pen. Last-minute scheduling can leave you with empty seats at your party. Also, over invite people. If you ask thirty people, you might get half of them to show up.
* Schedule accordingly – Everyone needs to buy gifts for birthdays, holidays and other special events. If you schedule your parties a few weeks before important events, they can use your event as an alternative to shopping in the stores. You can mention as much in your invitation to your guests.
* Make your guests feel welcome – Give your guests a place of honour. Offer them the best you have to offer. Fix finger foods that won’t mess up their clothing. Serve them when you can so that they feel special. When people feel special, they will want to return the favour by buying from you. Create a theme and then ask your consultant to match it for continuity.
* Host parties for different products – The same friends will get tired of attending a Pampered Chef party each month. Change it up a bit. Try Kleeneze one month, Avon the next and a new product after that. Even if the same friends come, they will be treated to a new theme and a new catalogue of goodies to buy.
You might not make a lot of money hosting direct sale parties but you will save a lot. Use these tips to be as successful as you want to be.